- This event has passed.
The Impact of COVID-19 On Cybersecurity
September 17, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT
Join us for a fast-paced, informative webinar on Cybersecurity challenges in these times presented by John-Thomas Gaietto, Executive Director, Cybersecurity Services of Richey May Technology Solutions. Registration is limited to the first 250 registrants and CCA members will be given first priority.
Please send any questions you have for our speaker, in advance to: Speaker Questions. Please send in your Speaker questions no later than September 14, 2020.
The topics include:
Section 1: Operating with a wartime mindset
- Highlight the changes COVID has brought
- The Geographic and Logistical challenges
- Management Style Changes
Section 2: Command and Control Your Business Communications
- Develop a standard method of communicating with your customers & employees
- Develop a standard on how to use new communication tools (Zoom, Teams, etc…)
Section 3: Securing the Work From Home
- Use a standard approach for remote work
- Multi-Factor Authentication is not just a nice to have it’s a must have
- Split Tunnel VPN pros / cons
- Replicate as many of your controls as possible in a remote manner
Section 4: Effective Monitoring and Common Methods Attackers are Using
- How are you securing the devices outside of your network? Are they being patched? How do you know?
- How do you know if your employees are working?
- Attackers are using Phishing along with new exploits targeting online collaboration and other tools, how are you sharing awareness information with your employees to make sure they are aware of being safe.
Section 5: Supporting the Remote User
- Your users are no longer physically present, how are you keeping the lines of communication open if they need help.
- Are you using standardized systems?
- How are you conducting inventory of what your users took home?
Section 6: Pandemic Exit Strategy
- So when we end up moving out of Pandemic Mode, do you have a plan to return to work?
- Have you considered how to adjust physical spacing issues
- Work with your landlord to ensure you’re in alignment with their requirements.
The registration link will take you to CCAs GoToWebinar page to register for the webinar.
We ask that you consolidate viewers and if you have to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible.
Speakers and Topics may be subject to change.
The session has been approved for 2 CAFP and 2 CERP credits.
This session is not to be recorded electronically without written permission from the Chicagoland Compliance Association and all speakers. materials and opinions shared from the speakers are not necessarily those of the organization they represent and therefore, unless otherwise indicated, should be assumed personal and not indicative of any implied liability or accountability back to the respective organization.
If after registering you do not see the “Thank You” page or you do not receive a confirmation email within two days, then your registration has not been received. Please email the CCA.